Welcome!

Welcome to the blog for TurningPoint Youth Ministries, Parma Christian Fellowship Church's Youth Group. Here you will find out what we've been up to recently, lessons, pictures from events, and posts from our teens.

1.29.2013

Purpose in Life

What life as a non-Christian is like

We hear a lot from the teens and many people on Facebook and other social media sites and by listening to conversations. We can tell there is a lot of pain and suffering in many of your hearts. It appears that the outside is just an act, while on the inside, you are really very hurt.

10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my labor,
and this was the reward for all my toil.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun.
~Ecclesiastes 2 (NIV)

What is the purpose of life if there is no God? With a belief in God, you're working towards Heaven, which is your purpose in life.

A friend once asked his mother: "How do you wake up happy without drugs?" Josh's answer for us was that he know's he's loved and forgiven, and realizes that he is living in a cold, dark world. God's not here, He's in Heaven.

God will walk with you, side by side. It is up to you to ask for help or not. You need to get to the point where you are more important than your friendships with others. You need to take care of yourself first - you can find better friends. It is much easier to follow the wrong crowd, but you don't have to be in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment