Welcome!

Welcome to the blog for TurningPoint Youth Ministries, Parma Christian Fellowship Church's Youth Group. Here you will find out what we've been up to recently, lessons, pictures from events, and posts from our teens.

4.12.2012

FCWC12: Thursday Evening

Cory started our message reminding us that we've talked about what it means to thrive, not just survive, that we want to pursue God's dream for our lives, that we need to control what goes into our ears and minds, and that our hearts should be centered on Jesus.

Cory talked about how he doesn't want to get to the end of his life and say "I should have done more." We should all want to do everything we can to help others. We get busy in life by pursuing greater things, but we should want our life to count. To look back and say "I gave it our all."

As we can read in Acts 28, Paul was preaching until his last breath.

Mike Yaconelli had a quote:
If I were to have a heart attack right at this moment, I hope I would have just enough air in my lungs and just enough strength in me to utter one last sentence as I fell to the floor: "What a ride!" My life has been up and down, careening left then right, full of mistakes and bad decisions, and if I died right now, even though I would love to live longer, I could say from the depths of my soul, "What a ride!"

Those who use their INFLUENCES and RESOURCES to make a DIFFERENCE in this world. People who make it about Jesus. Those who make it about their salvation are self-centered and are not thriving.

There has been a skit every evening dealing with a girl attempting suicide. A huge take away from the skit is that it is the pain that brings us to His arms. We don't chose the time or place. We just give our heart to Him and He does the rest.
11 “All the king’s officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the inner court without being summoned the king has but one law: that they be put to death unless the king extends the gold scepter to them and spares their lives. But thirty days have passed since I was called to go to the king.”  12 When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, 13 he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. 14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
 15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”
~Esther 4 (NIV)

 Mordecai is challenging Esther: don't play it safe to make a difference.

We tend to think what can I do to create change? We put lies in our head and do nothing. Why did God put us here? To make a difference in this world.

Being a thriving difference maker means:
  1. Understanding that there is a WORK with YOUR NAME on it. You have been given unique talents and gifts to fulfill a role for you. You need to see the value in things part of your story. God has a work with your name on it- are you going to answer it?
  2. Believing that we in the American Church truly are the RIGHTEOUS WEALTHY. We're wealthy compared to other countries. Righteous: making a difference in God's name. We watched the top 100 "First World Problems" to illustrate that we are wealthy compared to other places.
    48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. ~Luke 12 (NIV)
  3. Taking ACTION. There are lots of organizations and options. Choose one and do something! Anything! Make a difference. Don't just sit on the couch. Do it now, don't wait.
Our challenge: MAKE A MOVE



Make A Move by Royal Tailor

Mr. Good Intentions, so much I wanna do
My mouth just keeps on running, but I never follow through
I heard that true religion, is love with hands and feet
I wanna find my own way to reach a world in need
Yeah, I've been captured by the unimportant
Locked in, and now it's time to break free

There's more to life
Open my eyes
Someone is needing You
So I gotta make a move
What good are words
When this world hurts
Real faith will come through
When I make a move

We don't need permission, to go outside of these doors
And dream some crazy dream no one else has dreamed before
To show love and compassion
Whatever way it may be
To put faith into action, do more than just believe
We are hope to those who have been broken
We were made to make a difference

There's more to life
Open my eyes
Someone is needing You
So I gotta make a move
What good are words
When this world hurts
Real faith will come through
When I make a move

I’ve been captured by the unimportant
Locked in and now it’s time to break free
Now it’s time to break free

There's more to life
Open my eyes
Someone is needing You
So I gotta make a move
What good are words
When this world hurts
Real faith will come through
When I make a move

No comments:

Post a Comment